Admission of foreign students to graduate and postgraduate studies
- Terms and conditions
1.1. Citizens of foreign countries (including CIS countries) can be enrolled to graduate/postgraduate program on a contract basis (tuition+fees) only.
1.2. Foreign applicants are required to have an equivalent of M.A. (Master of Arts/Sciences) and are expected to exhibit excellent research capabilities.
1.3. Foreign applicants are accepted to graduate school having as goal writing and subsequent defending a dissertation.
1.4 The length of studies cannot exceed three years for on-campus training and four years for correspondence (in absentia) training.
1.5. Foreign on-campus students who do not have an adequate command of Russian can apply for one more year of school in order to learn the language, thus increasing the maximum length to four years.
1.6. Foreign applicants:
- - take an interview with an adviser;
- - are tested in their knowledge of Russian;
- - present a paper or any published research at the Department they want to enter
- Forms and documents
2.1. Foreign applicants are expected to submit the following forms and documents (in Russian):
- - Application to graduate/postgraduate school;
- - Completed form for graduate/postgraduate applicant with the desired specialization indicated;
- - Notarized copy of a university diploma and transcripts;
- - Notarized copy of a document that confirms the equivalence of the applicant's diploma to a university diploma in Russian Federation as officially accepted by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science in Russia;
- - List of publications (if any);
- - Medical certificate officially issued by a representative of Public Health Services of the applicant's country that concludes that there are no counter indications to studying at a graduate/postgraduate school;
- - 6 photos, 3х4 centimeters (1.2x1.6 inches).
2.2.Documents are accepted throughout the whole year.
2.3.Date of acceptance is established by the Department that accepts the applicant.
2.4. RSUH confers on foreign students that have successfully completed all graduate school requirements and defended the dissertation, a Ph.D. degree and issues a corresponding diploma officially accepted by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science in Russia.
2.5. RSUH confers on foreign students that have successfully completed all postgraduate school requirements and defended the dissertation, a Doctoral degree and issues a corresponding diploma officially accepted by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science in Russia.
Please note: in Russia there exists a degree higher than a Ph.D. which is also called doctoral. As it is the source of unending translation difficulties, here's a rough correspondence table:
A COUNTRY WITH THE
Kandidat (literally Candidate of Sciences) - requires a dissertation defense
Doktor (Doctor of Sciences) -- requires a dissertation defense
Usually translated as "Associate Professor"
First you defend your Kandidat dissertation and then if you decide to go to Russian postgraduate school, you defend your Doktor dissertation.